Sunday, November 21, 2010

My main screen where my icons and back screen wall paper are so big,.how do i change it back to normal size?

my desktop screen got changed by my 2 year old daughter. My main screen appearance where my icons and back screen wall paper are so big,.how do i change it back to normal size because everythings seems huge. my laptop has window xp...the laptop is a toshiba.My main screen where my icons and back screen wall paper are so big,.how do i change it back to normal size?
Right click the desktop.



In Properties, look for Settings.



Large icons usually indicate 800x600 resolution.



For small icons just go HIGHER in resolution. Your laptop will have a limit though so I suggest 1024x768 which I prefer.



Sarge



SargeMy main screen where my icons and back screen wall paper are so big,.how do i change it back to normal size?
right click on any place of the screen=%26gt;properties=%26gt;settings=%26gt;choose screen resolution.
well, what Sarge said, but if that doesn't work then under the Display Properties to go ';appearance'; and click the ';Advanced Button'; and make sure that ';Use Large icons'; is not checked. :)
To change your monitor's main appearance, change the monitor's resolution by right-clicking the desktop and then clicking the Properties. In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab. Drag the Screen resolution slider to the left to decrease the resolution of your monitor, making text and pictures appear larger. Or drag the Screen resolution slider to the right to increase your monitor resolution, making text and pictures appear smaller. Click Apply to have the new resolution take effect. If the Monitor Settings dialog box appears, look at your display. If you like the new resolution, click Yes. If you do not like the resolution, click No, and return to step 3 to try a different resolution. Then click OK

No comments:

Post a Comment